Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Landmark!!!


Congratulations!!!


A huge thanks to all donors! Together with all of your support we've been able to break the $1,000 mark!
Some have been wondering how the training and preparations have gone, so I thought I'd give an update starting with all the supplies that the first $1,000 is going towards.

Panniers - These are going to hold my life for 45 days

Cycling shoes & pedals- While these may seem a little less "essential" they're much more efficient & softer on the joints. If I was cycling across a state I'd be fine. Seeing as this is our beautiful country I'll be crossing, efficiency & less stress on the knees is absolutely essential.





Base-layers -  for cold weather cycling & camping the right base layers are crucial. The base-layers I'm ordering are from smartwool. Apparently they're the best money can get!



                  

Goretex waterproof jacket & pants - Goretex is renowned for its quality. For those cold rainy days I'll trudge through, it's comforting to know that I'll at least be dry. 

Gore Bike Wear Fusion GT AS Jacket - Men'sGore Bike Wear Fusion GT AS Pant - Men's Black, M

Mid-layer& joint juice -  This mid-layer is also from smartwool. It will keep my body heat close and comfy across the bitter cold & windy plains/deserts of Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. The joint juice is just to strengthen my joints. Liquid supplements work much faster so I'm taking them as a part of the preparation.



And that's a good bit of it for now.

As you may notice, in order to do the trip as safely as possible, it's going to require some pretty hefty gear! The good news is that the funds are already covering virtually all of the appropriate clothes needed to cross the country in the winter. As this gear is going to keep me protected from mother nature (or as close as you can get), I deeply appreciate it. This gear could potentially save my life while I'm out there!

Please keep spreading the word to everyone & anyone!

You're making a dream come true!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Seijin, i am a mom from France, i am very inspired by your trip! My husband is also japaneese like your mom. We are proud of you!
    Why don't you use our Vemma multivitamine liquid as sponsor? http://benedicte.vemma.eu/
    Check on my website, Jin sung Nim is also in this program and his health got much better when he took Vemma. Many members in USA are on that program, it can also help you and your family for your health and financial. Vemma has sponsored many sports people with THIRST, VERVE and VEMMA FORMULA!
    Good luck to you Seijin!!!
    Benedicte Suzuki

    ReplyDelete